When I think of smoothies, I picture a tall glass filled with sweet, berry-filled goodness.
And when I think of juice, I picture crisp apples and juicy oranges.
But what if I were to tell you that you should switch things up and try a green smoothie instead?
I’ll admit it. I still love my classic pink berry smoothie, but sometimes I crave something a little less sweet and a little more vegetable-packed.
So I experimented with green smoothies, and let me tell you, they are the perfect way to start your day feeling super healthy.
I made a green juice out of broccoli, lemon, cucumber, zucchini, and apple, then blended it with creamy avocado and fiber-packed almonds instead of blending a bunch of veggies (which can be a little weird).
The avocado and almonds add some creaminess and healthy fat. You get all the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants from the veggies without chowing down on a veggie-filled smoothie.
This recipe is just one way to do it. If you don’t have a juicer, you can buy apple juice and blend in veggies like kale and nuts, or buy a mixed vegetable juice and blend in spinach, banana, and almonds.
Have fun and experiment. The possibilities are endless!
This recipe has been tried and tested, and let me tell you, it’s good!
So why not swap your classic pink smoothie for this green powerhouse at least once for breakfast or a snack?
I’ve been getting creative with my green drinks lately, and while some have been a bit of a failure (one morning, I ended up with a kale smoothie…interesting), this one is a winner.
I dare you to try it and see how it makes you feel. Here’s to a green and wonderful start to your day!
- 1 big broccoli stock or 2 smaller
- ½ zucchini
- ½ cucumber
- 4-6 apples depends on size and need for sweetness
- ½ lemon
- 1 avocado
- 15 almonds
- Ice cubes
- Wash all of the fruit and vegetables.
- Place broccoli stock, zucchini, cucumber and 1/4 lemon in the juicer, and press start. Then add 4 apples. Taste it and add more apples and lemon if necessary. It is okay if it is semi sweet and just a bit sour, because the avocado and almonds will need a little power in order to get the perfect balance.
- Add juice to a blender with avocado meat and almonds. Blend until all almonds are dissolved.
- Pour into glasses and serve with a few ice cubes in.
- Perfect as a part of your breakfast or as a snack, Enjoy!