Are you ready for a dessert showstopper?
Look no further than these delicious chocolate cupcakes. They’re covered in pink lemon cheesecake frosting.
Trust me. Your taste buds will sing with joy.
I made these cupcakes last week and took them on a dinner date with my girlfriends. They were a hit.
The frosting and pink waves had everyone oohing and aahing. Combined with the rich chocolate cake, it was a match made in heaven.
The chocolate cake is a grain-free version of my beloved beetroot cake. I’ve swapped out the sugar for a healthier alternative that won’t spike your blood sugar.
The frosting is a no-bake cheesecake with a hint of lemon flavor. The natural beetroot juice gives it a beautiful pink color.
You can serve these cupcakes with or without the frosting. They are just as delicious.
They will keep for several days in the refrigerator. They are also great for freezing.
Beetroot Cupcakes w. pink Cheesecake Frosting
- 50 g coconut oil
- 75 g coconut sugar sukrin gold
- 100 g dark chocolate (70%), chopped
- 200 g peeled raw beetroot (approx. 2 medium seized beets)
- 3 eggs
- 100 g almond ground
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean scraped
- A pinch salt
- 300 g full fat cream cheese
- 3 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp honey or 6-8 stevia drops
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest from 1 organic lemon
- ½ tsp ground vanilla
- 2 tbsp beetroot juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F °/175 C ° (with fan).
- Grate the beetroots finely, and squeeze 1-2 Tbsp juice out of them. Chop the chocolate and melt it in a double boiler together with the coconut oil.
- In a bowl combine eggs, sugar and vanilla. Whisk it thoroughly together.
- Add the liquid chocolate mix to the egg mix while you stirring. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. If you do not mind tasting raw eggs try to taste the batter, adjust the sweetness with more sugar if necessary.
- Greasy you muffin cups if necessary and fill up ¾ of each cup. Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool completely and preferable sit for hours in the fridge here they become moist, creamy and delicious (I prefer to store them in the fridge overnight).
- Mix all of the ingredients for the frosting well together. Add the frosting to a piping bag. Style each cupcake as desired and serve straight away :)