Today I want to share my latest creation – a delicious and nutritious Buckwheat bar recipe that will knock your socks off!
These bars are perfect for a quick snack or even a sweet treat, and the best part is that you can customize them to your liking.
I’ve always been a fan of granola bars. But sometimes they can be too sweet or not filling enough.
I created a recipe with healthy ingredients and just the right sweetness.
I decided to use a base of oats, almonds, and coconut flakes.
These ingredients are perfect for a snack that will keep you full and energized with a good balance of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats.
Next, I added some dried cranberries. They added sweetness and a pop of color.
And, of course, I couldn’t resist adding a few chocolate chips to indulge.
One of the fun things about this recipe is that you can add all the ingredients you want to it.
Nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and even spices like cinnamon or nutmeg all work.
The key is to ensure the bars hold together and don’t fall apart by keeping the balance of ingredients.
I like to make a big batch of these bars. I keep them in the fridge for quick snacks throughout the week.
They’re perfect for when you’re on the go. Or when you need something to tide you over until your next meal.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 organic eggs
- 8 large soft date
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 cup rolled oats or other flakes
- ½ cup whole buckwheat
- ½ cup cup seeds I used pumpkin & sunflower seeds
- 50 g nuts I used hazel
- Zest from 1/2 organic orange optional
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp ground vanilla
- A generous pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175ºC/ 350ºF. In a large bowl combine dates, bananas, eggs and nut butter – use an immersion blender to mix it all up OR mash bananas and dates with a fork and mix it thoroughly with the egg and nut butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Line a baking pan, use whatever you have on hand, as long as the bars do not get too thick, they should be around 2-3 cm in thickness. Bake the cake for 20-25 min until golden. Set a side to cool completely before cutting the cake into bars. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or more. They freeze well too.