A while back, I made these buns and I was lucky enough to still have a couple in my freezer.
On Thursday, when all of this nerve-wracking exam stuff is over, I’m going to return to Aarhus and my man and celebrate with a delicious burger made with these buns.
The recipe is a little similar to the Broccoli Buns but the taste is quite different. The cheese adds a delicious twist, and together with the thyme, these buns are perfect to snack on as they are when you have a little hunger, or as burger buns or for making sandwiches.
I love that they freeze well and if you’re like me and find yourself busy every day, it’s wonderful to have a good stock of nutritious treats like these.
I hope you’ll give these buns a try and let me know what you think in the comments.
And don’t forget to celebrate your accomplishments, big or small. Enjoy!
Carrot & Cauliflower Buns
- ½ cauliflower head
- 3 large carrots
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1.5 tbsp psyllium husk
- 4 large eggs
- 75 g grated parmesan
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds + ekstra for topping
- Use a food processor to chop the cauliflower and carrots (alternatively coarsely grate both on a grater). Add eggs and pulse. Add the remaining ingredients, except the parmesan, and pulse until combined. At last stir in the grated cheese.
- Let the dough sit for around 10 min, if to seems to liquid add 1/2 Tbsp extra psyllium. Preheat oven t0 375 ºF/180 ºC (with fan)Use a spoon to make around 10 buns. Place them on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with a little bit of seeds and bake in the oven for 25 min until golden. Set a side to cool.
- Keeps well in fridge for up to 5 days, ? ? freeze well.