Chocolate Cake is one of the most requested flavors for birthdays and other celebrations. This recipe will surprise you immensely.
Not only because it is thick and rich with Chocolate flavor but due to a few other hidden surprises within the cake itself. This is the one time you may find it okay to have a slice of cake for breakfast.
This cake is actually relatively healthy. This cake is gluten-free, contains no dairy products or additional fats, and is flourless.
There is also much less sugar in this cake. The secret to the phenomenal flavor is that there are Black Beans in the recipe.
I did have to play with the recipe until I came up with the perfect combination.
You will agree that it is the perfect Chocolate Cake once you taste it.
Chocolate Cake Filled with Black Beans
- 1-14 ounce can of Black Beans, drained
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate, grated
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder (or one shot of espresso)
- ½ vanilla pod, scrape the inside with a sharp knife
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ Juice from Organic Orange
- Pinch of salt(optional)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Use enough so that the paper goes entirely up the sides.
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the beans, eggs, sugar, cocoa, instant coffee, vanilla scraping, baking powder, and the juice from one-half organic orange
- Mix until the batter is smooth and free of lumps
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan; the batter will be thin, which is fine.
- Sprinkle the grated dark chocolate evenly over the batter.
- You can push some of the chocolate gratings into the batter, but only move some in.
- Place the loaf pan into the oven on the middle rack and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, carefully use the parchment paper to lift the loaf out of the pan.