Ho ho ho! It’s that time of year again, folks!
Time to deck the halls, light the tree, and whip up some sweet, sweet Christmas treats!
Now, I know what you might be thinking.
“But wait, I’m not the best in the kitchen. What if I mess up?”
Let me tell you, making your holiday treats is easier than you think.
And it’s a fun, creative way to add extra love to your gifts this holiday season.
I whipped up a storm in the kitchen this year, and I have to say, I’m pretty proud of my creations.
I’ve created some truly delicious and aromatic treats by combining the classic flavors of marzipan, nougat, dark chocolate, and a hint of vanilla and orange zest.
It goes without saying that I’m using only the best organic ingredients. None of that synthetic sugary stuff here!
I also added some new flavors this year: freeze-dried raspberry, sea buckthorn, and toasted hazelnuts.
And let me tell you: These additions have taken my holiday treats to the next level!
They look as good as they taste, if I do say so myself.
But what about the presentation, you might ask?
Now, I’ve got that covered as well!
I’ve put my sweet treats in little goodie bags, each containing six pieces.
And I’ve attached one to each gift.
It’s a personal touch that will bring a smile to anyone’s face.
So there you have it, folks!
Try making homemade holiday treats this year, whether you’re looking for a last-minute gift or just want to treat yourself.
Trust me: They’re worth it!
Chocolate w. Christmas Sweets
- 300 g high quality marzipan
- 75 g nougat
- Zest from 1 organic orange
- Vanilla beans from 0,5 vanilla pod
- 150 g dark chocolate 70 %
- Freeze dried berries and/or sea buckthorn
- Roasted hazelnuts
- Knead orange zest and vanilla into the marzipan. Cut the nougat into small chickpea sized pieces.
- Take 1 teaspoon of marzipan and use your thumbs to flatten it a bit. Then take a piece of nougat and wrap it in the marzipan and gently roll the ball in your palms. Place it on a piece of parchment and proceed until the marzipan and nougat are used.
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Coat all of the balls with chocolate and use the topping to make different sweets. If you want to make a Ferrero Rocher version then chop the hazelnuts very fine and roll the the chocolate dipped sweets in it.
- Set the sweets a side to let the chocolate dry, and then pack them into goodie bags or just enjoy, Enjoy ENJOY