I have a new obsession to share with you all – the delicious and irresistible Choco Rye Bites from the amazing bakery shop, Lagekagehuset.
These bite-sized treats perfectly combine Danish sourdough rye bread, rich dark chocolate, and all rolled-in hazelnuts.
I’ve enjoyed these bites from time to time, but I couldn’t resist trying a grain-free version using the popular Paleo bread.
For an easy-peasy twist, I used an organic paleo bread mix from urtekram.
The result was just as delicious as the original, with a crunchy texture from the nuts and seeds that tasted amazing after baking in the oven.
The combination of the crunchy texture and the slightly sweet, aromatic dark chocolate is just perfect.
These bites are so satisfying, and when enjoyed with an ice-cold glass of organic summer milk, they make the perfect afternoon snack or post-workout treat.
So there you have it, folks. If you haven’t tried the Choco Rye Bites from Lagekagehuset yet, you should definitely head over there and pick up a couple of them.
Chocolate Paleo Bites
- ½ package of ‘Stenalder br ¸dmix’ from Urtekram 250 g mixed nuts and seeds + 1 tsp psyllium husk
- 2 large organic eggs
- 100 g chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or sweetener of your choice
- ½ tbsp raw cocoa
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, soft
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 50 g finely chopped hazelnuts
- Whisk together eggs, spices, half of the salt, oil, cocoa and water. Add the 250 g of mixed nut & seeds and the dark chocolate, mix well together. Set a side for 30 min to let the psyllium and seeds soak a little bit to make the dough more firm and easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 175 ºC / 350 ºF (no fan). Line a baking sheet. Now it is time to make balls out of the dough. It is a help if your hands are a little wet with water – then the dough will not stick to your hands. Make around 10 small balls, roll them in the chopped hazelnuts, and gently place on the baking sheet – give them a little firm press on the top to flatten them a bit. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 30 min – remove and set a side to cool completely. Serve them with a big glass of cold organic milk. They keep well in the fridge for up to a week and they freeze well too.