Do you know that feeling when you’re on a health kick and want to cut all the “bad” stuff out of your diet?
Yeah, me too.
But there’s one thing I can’t seem to give up: my sweet creations.
Don’t get me wrong, I have plenty of healthy treats in my repertoire, but let’s face it, sometimes you need a sugar fix.
That’s why I have a special place in my heart for desserts that are acceptable for breakfast.
Speaking of breakfast, I have a recipe I can’t wait to share with you.
A healthy and satisfying chocolate and peanut butter shake that’s basically like a chocolate smoothie.
And the best part?
It’s packed with immune-boosting goodness!
This shake can be enjoyed anytime, but I love it for breakfast. Especially when topped with fresh berries and granola.
You can make it as simple or fancy as you like. Just grab your favorite chocolate milk (or make it from scratch with cocoa powder and sweetener), add some peanut butter, cocoa powder, cacao nibs, and vanilla, and you’re good to go.
And if you’re in a hurry or don’t have all the ingredients, don’t worry, throw in some bananas, chocolate milk, strawberries, and ice cubes, and you’ll still have a delicious shake.
So if you’re like me and love drinking chocolate all day (okay, maybe not all day), then you must try this chocolate shake.
You’ll never feel lost when you crave chocolate again!
Chocolate, Strawberry & Peanut Butter Shake
- 1 banana
- ½ avocado
- 225 ml chocolate milk preferable organic and high quality
- 4 frozen strawberries
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 tsp cocoa powder high quality
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or beans from 1/2 pod
- 1 tsp peanut butter (can be substituted with 8 soaked almonds)
- 1 tbsp cocoa nibs optional
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve the shake with fresh/frozen berries and a little fresh mint. You could also sprinkle some cocoa nibs on top or just serve it as it is. Either way it will be super delicious and highly addictive.