Today, a yogurt recipe that has quickly become one of my favorites is what I want to share with you.
I’ve made several variations of this yogurt, but I always seem to come back to this one.
The combination of almond butter and sweet, aromatic dates is simple, yet delicious.
To be honest, I sometimes substitute a teaspoon of coconut sugar or Sukrin Gold for the dates because I’m not always in the mood to grab my blender and make a paste out of them.
It’s a quick and easy alternative that still adds a hint of sweetness to the yogurt.
You can really add whatever you like when it comes to toppings.
I like to make several batches of homemade granola and add a few spoonfuls. I also add 1/2 – 1 piece of chopped fruit.
Perfect for those who are always on the go, this is a delicious and healthy breakfast.
So go ahead. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
I have no doubt in my mind that you’ll be as hooked as I am.
Date & Almond Yoghurt
- 400 ml yoghurt I use Greek yoghurt 2%
- 4 dates, soft or soaked can be substituted by 1 tbsp of sweetener
- 1.5 tbsp almond Butter
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- Fresh fruit
- Frozen berries
- Roasted nuts, coconut flakes or seeds
- In a bowl or jar add all the ingredients for the yoghurt and blend/stir until well combined.
- Divide the yoghurt into two jars and top with some fresh fruit. Keep the ‘dry’ toppings aside until you are going to have your breakfast – so that it does not get soggy.