Have you ever heard of chocolate almond butter?
Well, let me tell you, it’s a game-changer!
Plus, it’s super easy to make at home with just a few ingredients plus a food processor.
I’ve been whipping up batches of this creamy, dreamy treat and can’t get enough.
I use it for everything from spreading on toast, topping yogurt, filling chocolate cups, and even as a snack right off the spoon.
The possibilities are endless.
Best of all, you can use the same process to make nut butter from any kind of nut and then add your own flavors.
I chose a chocolate version because everyone seems to love chocolate, but I think a little orange zest would be perfect for the holidays.
I promise you that a food processor is well worth the investment, and if you don’t have one yet, you should put it on your holiday wish list.
Trust me. This chocolate almond butter will not disappoint.
DIY Almond Butter w. Chocolate & Crunch
- 500 g almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or another granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsp cocoa nibs optional
- 2.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- A generous pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 150 C. Roast almonds in a tray for 20-30 min until slightly golden inside, watch out not to burn them.
- Transfer the cooled almonds to a foodprocessor. Run on high speed for 3-4 min, while you scrape down sides when needed. At first the nuts will become ground, then they will transform into a firm doug and after a few minutes the oils will be released and youll get a smooth texture. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until combined adjust flavours after your preference.T
- ransfer into 1 or several jars and keep in the fridge for up to 1 month.