I’ve been working on creating the perfect granola bar recipe. One that packs a punch of flavor, whole grains, and energy without being loaded with empty calories.
These bars have a base of eggs, bananas, and oats, but the real magic comes in the filling.
The combination of tart and sweet cranberries paired with the crunch of pistachios and the sweetness of white chocolate is a huge favorite of mine.
I added a touch of lemon zest for extra flavor and aroma, as always.
Plus, a hint of cardamom and a hint of vanilla bring it all together.
This muesli bar is perfect for a quick breakfast on the go or as a snack while you’re on the go.
So the next time you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious treat, try these granola bars!
Grab a friend and head to your favorite sunny spot. Enjoy each other’s company while you munch on these delicious bars.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp chia or flax seed in 3 tbsp water
- 100 g rolled oats/spelt/barley
- 45 g toasted coconut flakes
- 75 g almonds/hazelnuts, chopped
- 50 g cranberries
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds/poppy seeds
- 1 organic lemon Zest
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 cup white chocolate if vegan use a vegan chocolate or leave out
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- A generous pinch of flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F/175 °C and line a baking pan around (8×8 inch / 20×20 cm) with parchment paper.
- Use a fork to mash bananas and dates in a bowl (use a blender and pulse if the dates are too chewy) and whisk in the egg/vegan egg.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except the chocolate. Hold back half of the lemon zest and some pistachio for topping.
- Add the mix in the baking pan and bake in for 20-25 min, rotate pan midway to get an even baking. When golden and firm, remove an set a side to cool completely.
- When cooled use a sharp knife to cut your granola bars into desired size, youll get around 12-16 bars. Place the bars on a piece of parchment paper with a little distance between.
- In a double boiler melt the white chocolate. Use a fork or a spoon to drizzle white chocolate on top of the bars in an uneven pattern and top if of with some chopped pistachio and the rest of the lemon zest. Wait until the chocolate has cooled, if impatient place in the fridge, and then enjoy. They can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week (or two weeks if they are made with a vegan egg alternative).