Need a quick, versatile and delicious everyday meal or a little lunchbox inspiration?
Well, look no further!
I’ve created a lovely dinner for the simple and busy nights and a wonderful lunch box for the next day.
The green pancakes are grain-free. They’re filled with nutritious spinach and protein-packed eggs and cottage cheese. The chicken salad is a wonderful filling for the pancakes and is also nutritious and high in protein.
These wraps can also be used for breakfast or lunch, so a great idea is to make a double serving and refrigerate it for the next few days. The chicken salad is super versatile, and I’ve enjoyed it on toasted rye and in a green salad. It keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days.
So there you have it, a great combo meal or a wonderful quick breakfast or lunch for busy days.
Try it and let me know how it turns out!
Pancakes w. Creamy Tahini Chicken Salad
- 4 Eggs
- 100 g Spinach
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 100 ml whole milk
- 2 tbsp Psyllium
- ½ tsk sea salt
- Zest from 1 organic lemon use the juice in the tahini dressing
- Butter or coconut oil to fry in
Chicken & chickpea salad
- 400 g chicken filets
- butter oil to fry
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and fresh pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 sweet red apples grated
- ¾ cup edamame beans or sweet peas
- 50 g fresh spinach
- In a blender combine all ingredients for the pancakes. Use a small skillet and make around 8 pancakes out of the batter. The pancakes should be around 15 cm in diameter, do not make them too big, otherwise they can be a little bit difficult to flip. Fry the pancakes on medium heat until golden on each side, set a side.
- Fry the chicken in a buttered pan, season with salt and pepper, cook until done and set a side.
- In a bowl mix tahini, olive oil, cumin, lemon juice and a bit of salt and pepper and mix well together. Add edamame beans and the grated apples + all the juice that comes along. Tear the chicken apart, easiest to use your fingers, and mix it well into the tahini salad. Season to taste.
- Serve the pancakes with chicken salad and fresh spinach.