I hope you are all having a fantastic week so far.
I wanted to share with you a recipe that has quickly become one of my favorites.
Not only is it a delicious side dish for any barbecue party, but it’s also a fantastic vegetarian main dish.
The filling is made with Spelled Pearl, goat cheese, sour cream, and raisins, and flavored with scallions, lemon, and herbs.
It’s so easy to make, and you can even make a double batch to keep in the fridge for the next day. Trust me, once you try it, you’ll be hooked!
Not only is this dish perfect for the grill, but you can also make it on a grill pan or even fry them in a hot pan.
Either way, the dish is great.
I served it as a main course and it was a hit with everyone, including the men at the table. It was both filling and satisfying.
So go out and enjoy your hopefully sunny weekend, and don’t forget to try this dish next time you fire up the grill. It’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Grilled Zucchini Rolls
- 2 zucchinis
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1/2 zest from organic lemon Juice
- Salt & pepper
- Coarse kitchen salt
Creamy spelt pearls
- 3/4 cup cooked spelt pearls
- 100 g creamy goats cheese
- 100 g sour cream
- 1/2 sour cream Juice and zest
- 3.5 spring onions
- A handful of raisins, chopped
- A handful of almonds
- Herbs as many as your prefer
- salt & pepper
- Rinse the zucchinis and slice them vertical about 0,6 cm (1/4 inches) thick, not to thin or they will break while grilling. Rub coarse kitchen salt into them and set a side to drain for about 30 min.
- Rinse the spring onions and slice them, use all the white and green parts. Add some oil in a skillet and saut © the onions and the cooked spelt pearls for about 5 min, remove and set a side.
- Use the same skillet to roast the almonds in a bit of oil, remove when golden and sprinkle with salt. Chop them up when they have cooled.
- In a bowl mix the goats cheese and sour cream, use a fork to mash it up. Chop the herbs and add them together with lemon zest and juice. Add the roasted spelt pearls and spring onion and chopped raisins. Add salt & pepper and season to taste.
- Now rinse the zucchinis well, make sure all salt has been removed. Mix the honey and lemon marinate and pour half of it on the zucchinis. All the zucchini slices should be covered with marinate. Grill the slices on both sides until clear marks appear and they are starting to get tender.
- Add a Tablespoon of filling on each of the zucchini slices and roll up. Use a tooth pick to keep them together or place the sealing downside on the platter.
- Serve the zucchini rolls straight away or at least within an hour or two. Drizzle with the rest of the marinate and sprinkle with the roasted almonds. Enjoy!