In the mood for an easy, delicious, and guilt-free snack?
Well, look no further!
Today, I’m going to share my favorite recipe for coconut bars. It’s super easy to make and will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
The key to this recipe is that you can actually taste the coconut in every bite you take.
The coconut flavor is rich and consistent throughout the bar due to the combination of coconut cream, oil, and flakes.
The natural sweetness of the coconut shines through with only 1 tablespoon of sugar added.
The salt also plays an important role in bringing out the flavors of the coconut and making it pop in your mouth.
For the chocolate coating, I prefer dark and intense chocolate with at least 70% cacao. But you can use any chocolate you like.
These bars are perfect for an evening snack or whenever you’re in the mood for a little chocolate treat.
Even though they are high in energy, the coconut fat is very filling and will actually help to regulate your appetite and stabilize your blood sugar levels.
So go ahead, try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Homemade Bounty w. Dark Chocolate & Coconut filling
- 400 ml full fat coconut milk
- 150 g dried grated coconut
- 25 g coconut oil
- A generous pinch of salt
- 1.5 tbsp sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 200 g 70% chocolate
- Place can of coconut milk in the freezer for 30-45 min, remove and scoop out the solid part of can = the coconut cream, around 2/3 of the can.
- Add coconut cream, oil and sugar in a pot on medium heat until it melts together. Add all of the dry coconut and season to taste with salt and sugar.
- In a greased or filmed pan/container add all of the coconut batter and press it firmly and evenly into the pan. (I used a 6 x 6 pan, but you can use whatever you have at hand). Place in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. When the coconut batter is completely chilled and firm, cut it out in bars, you can vary the size as you please. It might crumble a bit but you can just use your hands to press it back together.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and gently dip all of the coconut bars in the chocolate, use a fork for this job and let the excess chocolate drip of before placing it on a baking sheet. Let the bars cool and harden completely before serving.
- You can store the coconut bars in the fridge and they will keep delicious for up to a week or even more… Enjoy!