I knew I had to use my new ice cream maker as soon as I got it.
And what better way to do that than to make some delicious ice cream from scratch?
I made a cheesecake ice cream with plums and cherries because I love experimenting with different flavors and ingredients.
My first step was a simple custard base with cream cheese, whole milk, and a touch of lemon.
Then I let the ice cream maker work its magic, adding fresh plums and cherries for a burst of summer flavor.
The result was a creamy and delicious ice cream. It had the perfect balance of sweet and tangy.
Don’t worry if you don’t have an ice cream maker!
This delicious recipe is something you can still enjoy.
Mix the pudding base and add the plums and cherries. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or container and freeze for several hours. Stir every hour to break up any ice crystals.
This cheesecake ice cream with plums and cherries is sure to be a crowd-pleaser, no matter how you make it.
It’s perfect for enjoying in the summer or for a special occasion.
So give it a try, and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Homemade Ice Cream
- 250 g full fat cream cheese
- 0.25 l full fat milk
- 80 g sugar (you can add a little extra if you want it sweeter)
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 vanilla pod
- 6 plums
- 10 cherries
- fine salt
- Use a mixer to combine the milk, cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Add lemon juice and peel, vanilla beans and salt. Make sure that everything is well combined. Taste it, and see if you prefer it a bit sweeter.
- Start the ice cream maker and slowly pour the ice cream base down into the machine.
- While the machine is working its magic, you remove the stones from the plums and cherries. Then you use your food processor, blender or a knife to make a chunky fruit compote.
- When the ice cream starts having a thicker texture, like a thick yoghurt ,you add the fruit compote and let it finish. It should be approximately 40 mins in total or until the texture is as you wish.