Have you ever woken up in the morning with a sore throat, a runny nose, and the feeling that a cold is creeping up on you?
I have a secret weapon to fight those pesky illnesses – JUICING!
I know it sounds a little weird. But trust me, and it works like a charm.
When I woke up feeling under the weather, one of the first things I did was whip up a juice packed with vitamin C and ginger.
Vitamin C can help shorten the duration of a cold, and it’s a known immune booster.
And ginger has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps fight off the bacteria that cause inflammation in the body.
Together, they make a powerhouse juice that can help slow down that cold and have you feeling like yourself in no time!
But it’s not just for when you’re feeling under the weather; this juice is a great way to start any gray day.
It’s refreshing and energizing. It’s packed with nutrients to keep your body strong and healthy.
Immune Boosting & Anti Inflammatory Juice
- 2 large carrots (3 medium)
- 1/4 organic lemon
- 1 orange peeled
- 1 large apple (two small)
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger peeled
- 1 tsp oil (e.g. olive, almond, flax or fish)
- A handful of crushed ice
- Run all fruits and veggies through a juicer. Add crushed ice and oil and serve straight away.
- You can double the portion and save the juice in an airtight bottle in the fridge, but for no longer than one day or you’ll loose too many of the wonderful vitamins. And if you feel like having this for breakfast you could blend in an avocado or banana together with the ice for more texture and have it as a smoothie!