Tired of the same old chicken pasta salads that are heavy on the mayo and light on the veggies?
Let me introduce you to a fresh, flavorful twist on the classic.
Say goodbye to pasta and hello to a medley of colorful and crunchy vegetables!
For a touch of tenderness, I added my favorite veggie, eggplant.
It adds a delicious flavor and leaves you feeling full and satisfied when grilled or roasted in the oven.
And I haven’t forgotten about you, all you meat lovers out there.
Both chicken and bacon (or Serrano ham, if you prefer) pack a punch in this salad.
And as for dressing?
It’s a simple blend of sour cream, but you can use any plain yogurt you have on hand. Just make sure it’s not too low-fat or thin.
And the best part of all?
This recipe is easy to customize.
Have fun in the kitchen, and feel free to add your exciting ingredients!
So ditch the pasta and try this veggie-packed version the next time you crave a tasty chicken salad.
Chicken Salad w. Grilled Eggplant
- 400 g chicken breast
- 1 pack bacon Serrano ham
- 2 eggplants
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 2 red peppers
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 bundle of pasley
- olive oil
- fresh thyme (optional)
- 500 g sour cream
- 1 tbsp mayonaise (organic in a jar, or homemade)
- 1.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp liquid honey
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar or elderflower vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F/180 °C
- Cut the eggplants into thin slices and then into quarters and place them on a baking sheet. Give them a splash of olive oil, some fresh thyme and salt & pepper and bake them in the oven for approximately 20-25 min, until they become golden brown and tender. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a frying pan and add some olive oil to it. Fry the chicken on medium to high heat until done. Set aside to cool.
- Place the bacon on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-12 min or until golden brown and crisp. Set aside to cool
- Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing in a big bowl. Use enough time to adjust the taste of it and make sure it is satisfying.Tip: use a piece of vegetable to taste with in order to decide if it is has got the sufficient flavor to go with the rest of the salad.
- Cut all of the vegetables into pieces and mix them with the dressing. Chop parsley and add it to the mix. Cut chicken and bacon into smaller pieces and add them along with the eggplants. Mix it all together.