Merry Christmas everyone!!
Bachelor thesis done. Application for my master eduction send off. Last christmas shopping done. And family time has just begun!
As mentioned before I love love love this Holiday. Right now I am at my parents. My brother, sister in law, big sister, brother in law and niece are here and the whole house is filled with christmas and excitement! I am unplugging now – but as a last Christmas treat you should have this recipe. It is great if anyone should be in need of a last minute Christmas giveaway or idea for brunch on christmas morning – neither way you should give this recipe a go!
I made this lovely Christmacy Granola a few weeks ago – grain free of course! It has been widely applied on everything from yoghurt, smoothies, coconut porridge and as a little snack. I prefer it grain free, but you can easily add a couple of cups of your favourite flakes (oat, spelt, rye) before roasting it in the oven! The same goes for the christmas spices, they are lovely during christmas but can be changes to something less winter seasonal when we enter spring!
I wish you all a merry Christmas and I am sure we’ll be in touch before New Years, until then have fun, enjoy the love and eat your heart out!
Nutty Christmas Granola
- 300 g mixed nuts coarsely chopped
- 65 g seeds E.g. sunflower, pumpkin
- 150 g coconut flakes
- ¼ cup hemp hearts can be substituted with sesame seeds
- Dried figs chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3.5 tbsp coconut sugar sukrin gold
- 2.5 tsp christmas spice mix eg. peppercake, gingerbread or pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 °F/ 150 °C (fan). Mix coconut flakes, nuts and seeds (not hemp) with coconut oil. Add spices and sugar and make sure everything is well combined. Spread the granola out evenly on a lined baking pan and bake it in the oven for 20 min, while stirring it every 5 min to avoid burning. Remove and mix it with hemp hearts and figs, let it cool completely before you store in airtight jars.