Today I want to share with you one of my favorite leftovers – flatbread pizzas!
Besides being amazingly easy to make, it’s delicious, healthy, and versatile. Plus, you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen trying to cook one up.
All you need is a package of frozen whole-wheat flatbreads in your freezer and a little bit of creativity on your part.
Summer is here. I’ve been experimenting with different toppings to match the season.
For this recipe, I’ve ditched the classic sauce and topped the crust with cheese, thin slices of raw potato, zucchini, and a drizzle of oil.
I’ve also made a version with tuna and capers, and a vegetarian version with avocado.
Both were topped with crunchy sweet pea sprouts and a drizzle of lemon juice. They were delicious. Yummy!
But the possibilities don’t stop there. I’ve also had great success with other types of fillings.
Some of my favorites are pesto, chicken, tomato, and whole-leaf parsley.
Or, if you’re feeling fancy, try tomato sauce with a cracked egg on top and fresh spinach. The possibilities are endless, so don’t be shy.
These leftovers deserve to be loved and enjoyed just as much as the rest of our food.
So the next time you’re wondering what to do with leftovers, try pita pizza.
Trust me, you won’t be disappointed!
Pita Pizzas with Potato Covered Crust & Pea Sprouts – Topped with Lovely Leftovers
- 2 whole grain pita breads
- 5 new potatoes
- 5 cm zucchini
- 1 lump of lovely cheese
- 2 handful pea sprouts
- 1 can tuna
- 1 avocado
- 2.5 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 °F / 200 °C. Cut the pita breads around the edge, so you have 4 half round pita breads. Grate the cheese and divide it on all 4 breads.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them very thinly. Divide the slices on all pizzas, make sure to place them out on the edges as well in 1 single layer. Slice the zucchini and place on top of the potato.
- Drizzle with some olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 15 min, until golden and the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the tuna, and arrange half a can of tuna on each of the two baked potato pizzas. Top it with 1 Tbsp capers, some pea sprouts and a drizzle of lemon.
- Slice the avocado and place it on the remaining two baked potato pizzas. Top it with pea sprouts and a drizzle of lemon and serve all pizzas straight away.