These little carrot bites have been a game changer for me, and I am so excited to share this recipe with all of you.
Not only are they adorable to look at, but they are also the perfect size for a snack on the go.
Plus, they taste like moist carrot cake batter – can you say yummy?
The fact that these bites are only sweetened with dates is one of my favorite things about them.
If you have a sweet tooth like me, you can add a few more. But I find that the natural sweetness of the dates is perfect.
Plus, it’s loaded with healthy ingredients-coconut, carrots, nuts, and seeds.
So not only do they taste amazing, but they also make you feel full and are easy on your blood sugar.
I’ve been playing around with different spices to add to these bites, and I’ve found that orange zest boosts the flavor.
Next time I’m thinking of trying freshly grated ginger. There is no limit to what you can do!
Whether you are studying, snacking before or after a workout, or enjoying a movie, these little carrot bites are perfect.
Trust me: They are highly addictive, but in a guilt-free way.
So go ahead and try them.
My promise is that you won’t have any regrets!
Raw Carrot Cake Cookie Dough Bites
- 2 finely grated medium carrots
- 3 tbsp coconut grated
- 120 g small dates
- Zest from ½ organic orange
- 100 g walnut almonds lightly roasted (omit roasting for completely raw bites)
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cloves
- A pinch of salt
Ideas for coating
- Almond & hazelnut flour
- Grated coconut
- White chocolate
- A little cinnamon dust
- Add everything besides the carrots in a foodprocessor and blend until you have a well mixed dough. Add the carrots and pulse until the carrots are mixed into the dough, but still has some chunky texture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and gently use your palms to shape small energy balls. Roll the balls in whatever crunch you prefer, I used grated coconut and ground almonds.