I have a treat for all of you out there who love a good spread on your bread.
This Sesame & Honey Spread is a game changer.
It’s so rich in flavor and texture that you could enjoy it on its own, but why stop there?
I’ve tried this spread in all sorts of different ways, and I have to say, it’s pretty much perfect for everything.
This spread is absolutely adorable and highly addictive, whether it’s on toast (I prefer whole wheat), in a smoothie, as an apple dip, on pancakes, in oatmeal, or just straight from the spoon.
It’s not just any old nut butter, which is what makes this spread so special.
It’s got a nice sweetness to it and a beautiful aroma that adds an extra touch of flavor to your dish.
Be sure to use dark, thick, unhulled tahini for the best results.
So, are you tempted to try this Sesame & Honey Spread?
Imagine spreading a thick layer on pancakes. Then top with fresh fruit and berries.
Mmm, now I’m running to the kitchen to make some!
But first, I’m going to resist being tempted to eat a whole Chicken Lasagna by myself.
Who’s with me?
Sesame & Honey Spread
- 125 g dark unhulled tahini
- 30 g honey preferable aromatic flower honey
- Water to thin texture
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- If you feel like it 1/2 tsp of lemon zest is lovely too
- Mix all of the ingredients together. Add water until the desired texture, I aimed at a creamy peanut butter texture. Season to taste, you might prefer more honey, vanilla or salt – or just need that little extra which the lemon zest will then provide 🙂
- Keep in fridge. It will get a little thicker and more dry in it’s texture, but then just stir a bit and leave on the counter for a few minutes or add a little extra water.
- Use the sesame & honey butter as a spread on toast (do I need to say more) or use it as a dip to E.g. apples, pears etc. You could also add a Tbsp on your porridge or pancakes in the morning 🙂