The salad is pretty simple, but it’s all about the quality of the fruit and veggies you use.
I made my own version and added honey, vanilla dressing, and salty pistachios.
I thought about adding shaved fennel, which I think would be delicious, but I wanted to keep the recipe simple and give you the idea that it would be a great twist.
If you’re looking to make this salad a full lunch meal, you could add some toasted rye or sourdough croutons and maybe some chunks of chicken.
But it’s delicious and will pair perfectly with most grilled meats, including fish.
I hope you enjoy this tasty salad as much as I do!
Summer Salad w. Asparagus & Strawberries
Summer Salad with Strawberries & Asparagus
- 1 bundle green asparagus cut in smaller pieces
- 300 g strawberries cut in half
- 200 g green and/or red grapes, cut in half
- 150 g feta cheese
- 1 cucumber thinly slices in half
- 100 g baby salad leaves
- 50 g salted pistachios (shell removed)
Honey and vanilla dressing
- Juice from 1 organic lemon + a little zest
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 14 tsp ground vanilla
- A generous pinch of salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Wash and clean all fruit and vegetables. Slice them according to the instructions and combine them in a large bowl. Whisk together the dressing and mix it with the salad. At last chop or crumble the feta cheese and gently fold into the salad. Coarsely chop the pistachios and top the salad with these. Serve straight away.