Since most of us are more relaxed during the summer, I thought I would keep the next few posts simple, light, and fresh.
First up, zucchini fritters.
Made primarily from shredded and drained summer zucchini, these fritters are a perfect, healthy option for a quick lunch or as a side dish for a BBQ dinner.
The best part?
They can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days, making them a great option to take to the beach or a picnic.
I’ve experimented with different toppings like corn, herbs, and different types of cheese.
Still, I’m going to give you the easy version of this basic recipe, and you can play around with different variations and toppings on your own.
Give it a try and let me know how you like it!
Summer Zucchini Fritters w. Feta
Summer Zucchini Fritters with Feta and a Variety of Toppings
Servings 10 fritters
- 3 medium or 2 large zucchinis (around 1-1,2 kg) + 2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk or 2 tbsp flour
- 75 g crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- Fresh pepper + various spices
- Butter for frying
Ideas for topping
- Serrano ham
- Baked fresh salmon (15-20 min at 100 °C/ 212 °F)
- Crumbled Feta
- A fried runny egg
- Grate the zucchinis, add them to a bowl and mix in the 2 tsp of salt. Let it sit for 15-20 min until you can see that a lot of liquid has been released. Rinse the shredded zucchini in cold water, I do this in a large strainer so that excess water can be drained fast too. Afterwards use a kitchen towel to squeeze the shredded zucchini free for as much water as possible. Now place the dry zucchini flesh back in the bowl and mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Use your hands to shape 10 fritters and fry them on medium heat, on both sides, until they are golden brown and seems firm and cooked through. This normally takes 10-15 min.
- Serve the fritters with your choice of topping straight away and keep any leftovers in the fridge.
Calories: 13kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 12mg | Sugar: 0.03g | Vitamin A: 48IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.2mg