As much as I love a good smoothie, I’ve been craving something with more substance and many more health benefits lately.
That’s why I’ve been starting my mornings with a nutrient-packed, loaded cereal bowl!
It might seem weird to snuggle under a blanket with a big bowl of healthy “ice cream” in the middle of winter, but trust me. It’s a game-changer.
And if you need a little boost to get you going in the morning, a good workout followed by a green smoothie bowl is the perfect breakfast, no matter the season.
My favorite tip is to stock up on frozen organic veggies like spinach and broccoli, even though broccoli and spinach may not be the most seasonal produce for the fall and winter months.
They are inexpensive, even in their organic form, and the nutrients are preserved in the freezer. This makes getting a good serving of fiber-rich veggies into your diet is easy.
I like to top my green smoothie bowl with almond butter and toasted coconut, but feel free to use whatever’s in your pantry.
With this breakfast, you’re sure to get your day off to a great start and give your body all the nutrients it needs and loves.
So grab a spoon and a cozy blanket and get ready to enjoy some healthy “ice cream”!
Green Veggie Smoothie Bowl
Green veggie loaded smoothie bowl
- 1/2 large avocado
- A handful of frozen broccoli approx 65 g
- 100 g spinach frozen
- 160 g bananas frozen, peeled and chopped
- 300 ml milk or almond milk, regular milk or 50/50 water/coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- Juice from 1 organic lemon
- Nut butter
- Toasted coconut
- Freeze dried berries
- Add everything in a blender and pulse until you have a creamy soft ice textured smoothie. Pour into two bowl, add your selected topping and serve straight away.
- TIP: If your having guest for brunch or breakfast. Arrange the smoothie in bowls and store it in the freezer until serving. Stir it and add your toppings before serving.