Tofu may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a delicious dessert, but trust me when I say that this firm, spongy tofu will change the game.
Say goodbye to the bland, flavorless tofu of the past and hello to a silky tofu that has the texture of cream cheese and can be transformed into anything your heart desires.
I recently made a chocolate mousse with a twist. I added ginger and orange for a unique flavor.
But the real star of the show is the high-quality chocolate, which packs a punch of flavor while keeping calories and carbs low thanks to the tofu.
And the toppings are endless. I used some seasonal blueberries, but you can add anything from fruit to coconut, nuts, or whipped cream.
So give tofu a try the next time you’re in the mood for something sweet and indulgent.
You just might be surprised at just how delicious it can be.
And who knows?
You might even start craving it for breakfast!
Tofu Chocolate Mousse w. Ginger & Orange
- 300 g silken tofu
- 100 g 70 % chocolate
- 1 tbsp high quality cocoa powder
- 2.5 tbsp honey or syrup depending on preference
- 1/2 organic orange Zest and juice
- 1.5 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk or blend until you have a smooth and creamy mousse. Adjust taste with more orange, ginger or honey. The mousse will be more firm as soon as the chocolate cools. Add more orange juice or a splash of milk if you want a more soft and creamy texture.
- Divide the mousse into four glasses and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Serve with fresh berries.