If you want to celebrate the sun or just let your inner sunshine out, try this Yellow Sunshine Shake.
I’ve been making this delicious shake all week and let me tell you: It’s keeping the sunshine in my life, both inside and out!
I am totally addicted to this shake, it’s the perfect way to start your day or a satisfying treat in the afternoon.
This shake is so fresh, sweet, smooth, and creamy.
I love the natural sweetness of the mango and banana, but the addition of cultured yogurt tempers it. It allows the fruit sugar to shine without being overwhelming.
It’s the perfect balance of sweet and creamy. It’s sure to brighten up any day.
So grab your blender and let’s make this sunshine shake together!
Yellow Sunshine Shake with Mango & Banana
Servings 2 glasses
- 200 g ripe and sweet mango (1/2 mango) – you can use frozen mango but they tend to be a bit sour
- 2 ripe bananas (preferable frozen if the mango is fresh)
- Juice from 1 organic orange and zest from 1/2 of it
- 200 g plain cultured yoghurt I used one with 0,5 % fat
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or beans from 1/2 vanilla pod
- Place everything in a blender and blend until a creamy texture.
- Serve the smoothie as breakfast or a afternoon snack. As breakfast I prefer to add a bit of whole grain cereal flakes on top or/and some chopped nuts.
Bonus Info: Each smoothie contains 200 kcal and a lot of sunshine.
Calories: 6kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.3g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 3mg | Sugar: 0.3g | Calcium: 2mg