Hello, my fellow soup lovers!
I can’t help but get excited for the cozy season of fall as the leaves begin to fall and the weather gets colder.
After all, who can resist all the delicious soups that come with the season?
You don’t really have to prepare anything, and it only takes about 20 minutes.
Of course, if you have more time on your hands, you can always make it with fresh tomatoes, but the canned and organic versions are a tasty and time-saving alternative.
It has everything you need in a soup: it’s warm, nutritious and full of flavor.
So grab a bowl. And let’s get cozy!
Twenty Minute Tomato Soup
- 14 oz organic tomatoes
- 2 large onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp ground curry
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 300 ml vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g sour cream 9 % (extra for topping)
- Chop onion and garlic roughly.
- In a pot heat oil and add curry. Stir it around to make sure it does not burn, do this until it starts smelling good. Then add onions and stir for a couple of minutes till the onions get soft. Add garlic. If the bottom of the pot becomes dry, add a little broth instead of oil to moisten things up.
- Add tomatoes, broth, vinegar and thyme. Bring to a boil and then let it simmer for 15-20 minutes or longer time if you want to.
- Remove thyme sprigs and add sour cream. Blend the soup and remember to adjust the taste for more vinegar and/or salt.
Serve with toasted rye bread and ripe avocado slices plus a lot of extra sour cream, sooo yummy!
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3251IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg