Hey friends, have you heard about those drooling cookies?
Well, let me tell you, these are no ordinary cookies. They are packed with nutritious ingredients and are oh-so-delicious.
I’ve made them for the kids at work as a tasty after-school snack, brought them as a treat to celebrate new arrivals, and even used them to satisfy my cravings.
The best part is that they are super versatile and can be enjoyed in so many different ways.
The other day I made a batch of his delicious berry and chia jam and decided to pair it with my freshly baked cookies to create the ultimate jam and biscuit sandwich.
It was a match made in heaven, and I added a little butter and whipped cream to make it extra special.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I wanted to dedicate these cookies to all the lovebirds out there.
So these cookies are a perfect choice whether you’re looking for a treat, a snack, or a unique way to show someone you care.
Valentine Jam & Coconut Sandwich Cookies
- 100 g shredded coconut
- 60 g hazelnuts
- 60 g sunflower seeds
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tbsp Butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp ground vanilla or beans from 1 pod
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or honey
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- A pinch of sea salt
Berry jam Makes 1 jar / 1 cup
- 300 g mixed forrest berries, frozen are just fine
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or honey
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Make the jam ahead. Combine all ingredients for the jam in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes. Blend or mash the berries. When cooled a bit add chia seeds and stir. Pour the jam into a jar and store in the fridge.
- Roast the hazelnuts in a medium hot pan. Rub of the skin with a kitchen cloth and place them in a blender or food processor along with the sunflower seeds and blend until ground.
- Roast the shredded coconut until golden. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, let it rest for 15 min until the coconut has soaked up some of the oil and egg, and the dough is more firm.
- Preheat oven to 300 °F/ 150 °C (no fan). Roll the dough into small balls and gently press them flat onto a lined baking sheet, shape up the edges a bit if needed. Bake the cookies for about 15 min until golden. Transfer to a rack and let them cool completely.
- Add a tsp of jam on half of the cookies and top with a clean one. Serve them straight away :)