Today, I would like to share with you a breakfast recipe that is healthy, delicious, and most importantly, easy to grab and go.
These bars are here to change the game, no more skipping breakfast or settling for a boring cup of oatmeal!
Think of these bars as a denser and firmer version of baked oatmeal.
I used Urtekram’s Spelt and Date Muesli, which is filled with delicious dried dates and toasted coconut flakes, so there’s no need to add an extra crunch or dried fruit.
This makes the recipe super easy and perfect for those mornings when you’re short on time.
To start your day off right, these bars are packed with all the right ingredients.
They’re not overly sweet or filled with processed carbs, and you get protein from the dairy (or non-dairy alternatives), natural fiber from the oat and spelt flakes and antioxidants from the berries.
I love them with a dollop of yogurt or crumbled over a bowl of fruit and yogurt.
Baked Breakfast Bars with Muesli & Raspberries
- 250 g muesli w. dried fruit etc. I used Urtekram’s spelt muesli w. dates & coconut.
- 50 g rolled oats
- 200 ml milk
- 200 ml thick cultured yoghurt you can use various kinds as greek yoghurt, fromage frais, quark etc.
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 200 g fresh or frozen raspberries Keep a handful berries as topping.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cardamome
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground vanilla or extract
- 3 tbsp aromatic honey I used a thick wild flower honey from Urtekram
- A pinch of salt.
- Preheat oven to 180 º C/350 °F. Mix all wet ingredients together (milk, yoghurt, banana, honey & egg). Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- In a greased or lined baking pan (20 x 30 cm ) (8 x 12 inch) pour in all of the batter and spread it out evenly. Top it with a few berries to make it look even more tasty, and then you bake it in the oven for 30 min.
- When the cake is done remove and set a side to cool. When the cake is completely cooled down, remove it from the pan and use a sharp knife to cut it into 12 breakfast bars.
- The bars freeze well and they stay moist and delicious in the fridge for up to 5 days. I like to make a big portion and freeze half of it in single portions on order to have a easy breakfast or snack on busy days.
- Eat the bars as they are, on-the-go, with a cup of coffee or serve them with a dollop of yoghurt or crumble them on top of your favourite fruit or yoghurt bowl 🙂