I stumbled upon this recipe on a new Danish blog a few months ago and have been hooked ever since.
These muffins are amazing.
They have a delicious banana and coconut flavor and are grain-free and (almost) sugar-free.
Plus, they’re super easy to make and whip up quickly.
And the best part? They stay fresh and moist for up to 5 days in the refrigerator and freeze great.
How delicious gluten- and grain-free baking can never cease to amaze me.
These muffins take a serious beating to any muffin loaded with sugar and all-purpose flour I’ve ever had.
Give these muffins a try, whether you’re looking for a brunch accessory or a post-workout snack.
I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Banana & Almond Meal Muffins
Banana & Almond Meal Muffins with Rawesome Date Caramel
Servings 8 muffins
- 100 g almond meal finely ground almonds
- 30 g coconut fiber flour
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp soft coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar optional
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- ½ tsp cardamome
- A pinch of salt
Rawesome date caramel
- 5 very soft dates e.g. medjool dates – not the sun dried kinds
- 2 tbsp coconut milk can be replaced by water or another milk/cream
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- ½ tsp ground vanilla
- A very generous pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175 ºC / 350 ºF. Make the raw caramel by mashing the dates with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together until you can have a creamy thick caramel. Set a side.
- Combine eggs, soft coconut oil, spices, bananas and sugar – whisk together until creamy. Combine al the dry ingredients and add them to the the wet mixture and stir together.
- Divide the batter into 8 muffin form, make a little den in the muffin and add a large teaspoon of caramel. Bake in the oven for 20-25 min until golden- Set a side to cool before enjoying them with a cup of coffee 🙂
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.5g | Vitamin A: 89IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1mg