I am so excited to share a recipe with you today that is delicious and packed with all the good stuff.
I’m talking 100% natural, organic ingredients, sweetened with dates and dark chocolate, enhanced with raw cacao, oranges, and vanilla, and filled with hazelnuts, almonds, and rye flakes.
These truffles are super easy to make. They don’t need to be baked or frozen and can be whipped up in no time with just a good blender or food processor.
Let me tell you: These truffles are a true love affair.
You’ll feel like you’re hugging yourself with every bite because they’re so indulgent, yet so good for you.
I love the combination of orange, cinnamon, and cocoa coating because it makes the truffle texture silky smooth and the coating velvety soft.
With every bite, it’s like getting a good kiss!
But don’t just take my word for it.
Try different combinations and see what you like best.
These truffles are the perfect pick-me-up, whether you need a little love, a sweet kiss, or just a delicious treat.
So gather your ingredients and get ready to fall in love with these sweet treats.
Happy Truffle Making!
Chocolate & Date Love Truffles
- 600 g soft dates pitted
- 100 g 70% high quality chocolate
- 1 handful of hazelnuts
- 1 handful of almonds
- 4 tbsp rye flakes or rolles oats
- Zest and juice from 1 big organic orange
- 1 tbsp high quality cocoa powder + 2-4 Tbsp to coating
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod scraped (or 1 tsp ground vanilla)
- A pinch of salt
- Pistachio, grinded
- Liquorice syrup
- Cocoa nibs
- Shredded coconut
- Ground or fresh ginger
- Lemon zest
- Orange juice + zest
- Peppermint oil
- Dark/white chocolate
- Chopped nuts, pistachio, almonds, hazelnuts etc.
- Sesame seeds
- liquorice powder
- Shredded coconut
- Hiprose powder (mixed with cocoa powder – or sprinkled raw on the melted chocolate)
- Cocoa nibs & espresso + dark chocolate coating
- Pistachio & orange + white chocolate coating sprinkled with pistachio
- Ginger + sesame seed coating
- Shredded coconut + rosehip-cocoa powder mix to coat (half &half)
- Peppermint oil – dark chocolate coating
- Preheat oven to 350 °F/175 °C. Place nuts on a baking shed and roast for 10 min until golden. Remove peel from hazelnuts by rubbing them. Then place nuts in a blender or mini chopper and pulse until ground.
- In a blender mix pitted dates and orange juice. Blend until a very smooth cream. Add all of the ingredients except the dark chocolate.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate and add to the mixture, and mix it thoroughly. Place the date mix in the fridge for a couple of hours or until the next day.
- Use a tsp and your palms to make perfect round sized truffles and coat them in cocoa powder. When done, eat all of the truffles at once or keep those left in a box or jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or more.
Variations in truffles
- You can vary the truffles quite a lot. In my version, I used orange & cinnamon to give them a Christmas twist and coated them with cocoa powder to keep the soft, velvet texture. I have made some suggestions below on different fillings and coating options and added some of my favorite combinations. If you try a new combination then remember to exclude cinnamon and orange from the original recipe, and add new ingredients instead :)